Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Late Night Snack

I remember a time when walking into a restaurant after 10:00pm and expecting dinner was considered slightly rude. Most restaurants are winding down and crossing the last reservations off the list, but with the rise of the "late night diners" a new movement is in effect. Restaurants have taken notice of our growling stomachs and open wallets. It's a beautiful thing to have options when hunger strikes us randomly after traditional dinner hours have ended and many restaurants have closed. As a chronic "late night diner" myself, some of my favorite spots to enjoy a late dinner downtown are Nada, Bootsy's produced by Jeff Ruby, Mynt Lounge and Mccormick and Schmick's. Each with its own charm and delectable fare they are all located in the surrounding blocks of Fountain Square, making for an enjoyable walk from the car to the restaurant. With items like Oyster shooters, Barbacoa tacos, Caprese croquettes and Kobe skirt steak on the menu's there is something for everyone's taste. So whether you work, play or live downtown take comfort in knowing that the next time your hungry, you have options.... and some really good ones.

7 comments:

  1. As a late night diner myself, I was excited to see the many different places where you can get a meal after a certain hour without having to go to a drive-thru. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great to see more resaurants offering a late night menu, that strays away from traditional fried sports bar food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the downtown eateries as well. I was at Bootsy's last weekend and had a late dinner...great food, great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love visiting the Fountain Square area. Everyone is so friendly and we always have fun at any of the eateries we choose. It's a nice perk to have such a wonderful selection of restaurants that caters to some of the night owls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your selection of restaurants, thanks for your introduction to some new places to sample. I'll let you know how I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's fun about the Fountain Square neighborhood are the many cultural surprises
    that surround each block. Atmosphere and menu
    from elegant and traditional to quirky and creative. When your hungry for adventure, after hours, its a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fact that it is now becoming more common for people to go out late at night for more than just a drink. I've been out before and run into the issue where the restaurant was starting to wind down and felt like a burden when I asked for a menu. It's nice to know that now when you go out downtown late at night and want to get a bite to eat, you are just as welcome as those who are only out for drinks!

    ReplyDelete